A Wide Range Of Experience With Civil Matters
Distinct from criminal law, civil law involves relations between private parties that can include individuals or businesses. Civil litigation, which refers to the legal process of resolution of disputes between such parties, can take many forms and deal with matters ranging from personal injury to corporate defense.
By definition, litigation matters are handled in a court and involve a judge who decides on the outcome of the case. In Texas courts, certain rules of procedure and rules of evidence apply to all civil litigation, regardless of the context. To be sure, judges in civil litigation matters are entrusted with a tremendous responsibility of making decisions that can have a significant impact on both parties.
A Strong Knowledge Base
Kevin Kolb offers a strong knowledge of civil litigation. As a lawyer and as a municipal court judge in Seguin, he has a wide range of experience with civil matters that include:
- Personal injury case analysis and review
- Family disputes such as divorce cases in which one spouse is suing another and critical matters involving the welfare of children
- Probate and estate matters that involve family relationships, financial complexities and important tax issues
- Tax disputes concerning property, federal and state taxes
- Corporate litigation involving the contracts between businesses
With backgrounds in family law, corporate matters and estate litigation, the attorneys at Kolb & Murray, P.C., have served Schertz, Seguin, Guadalupe County and the entire I-10 Corridor for more than 25 years. Contact us online or by phone at 830-386-4801 to learn more about our experienced Seguin civil litigation lawyers.